It's time to put your chunky winter wear and denims in boxes and bring out the easy breezy summer clothes. Brace yourselves. The hot Indian summer is here. If you're wondering where did spring go, you must know that most of India has no spring. The chilling cold gives way to scorching heat. So prepare yourself to beat the heat fashionably with palazzo pants from Rangriti.
Palazzo pants are the perfect replacement for denims during hotter months in a tropical country like India. Imagine going through a hot summer day with the thick denim fabric clinging to your legs! I've been there, done that and all I could think about the entire day was going back home and getting out of my pants. So my one fashion advice to you for summers would be to retire your denims and opt for summer friendly palazzo pants.
We've spoken about the comfort of these wide-legged pants, lets get to the fashion part. I have always maintained that fashion is meant to be comfortable. If you're not comfortable in something, don't wear it because the uneasiness shows on your face. Palazzo pants were made for a tropical country like ours. Explore the various kinds - straight-cut palazzo pants, flared palazzo pants, cropped palazzo pants and there are so many ways to wear these pants!
Skip your denim-and-tee this summer and opt for breathable palazzo pants from Rangriti. We show you a few ways to style this wonderful piece of clothing this summer.
1. An All White Summer Outfit
My perfect summer outfit is an all white outfit. A fresh crisp white outfit keeps you cool even if only psychologically. Nothing can beat an all white outfit in summer.
- Pair an ankle-length white palazzo pants with a white kurta to beat the heat fashionably!
- Go feminine with a skirt-style palazzo pants worn with a long white kurta!
- Take on a summer day in a straight-cut palazzo pants worn with a white tee and loafers!
2. East meets West in block printed palazzo pants
Palazzo pants in Indian prints are my absolute favourite. I love creating Indo-Western looks with block printed palazzo pants.
- Pair block-printed palazzo pants with a solid coloured t-shirt for a casual summer look.
- Wear printed palazzo pants with a shirt for a more chic look.
3. The perfect summer-friendly work pants
Ankle length palazzo pants (think culottes) should be your work uniform for summer. Airy palazzo pants will take you through a hot and humid summer day at work without that uneasy feeling of fabric sticking to your body. They also perfectly show off your ankle-strap sandals. These work pants get better in linens and cottons.
- Nothing like a formal white button down shirt or feminine top worn with cropped palazzo pants for a relaxed work outfit.
- Pair your ankle-length palazzo pants with a light-weight jacket and ankle-strap sandals for a more formal look.
4. Balancing done right with wide-legged palazzo pants
Palazzo pants can look very overwhelming if not done right. The volume of palazzo pants should be balanced well.
- Balance the volume of the palazzo pants with a fitted top.
- If you're a fan of everything anti fit like me, wear your palazzo pants with a loose cropped top and heels.
5. A classic long kurta and palazzo pants outfit
Do away with churidaars and wear all your kurtas with palazzo pants. Well, that's what I've been doing these days!
- Wear your long kurta with cropped palazzo pants.
- Bring in some drama with a flared palazzo pants worn with a long kurta.
6. Go Boho in an anti-fit top and cropped pants
We've all been told or have read that pairing the loose with the loose is a fashion sin. Break the myth. Channel your inner Boho Goddess by pairing a loose top with palazzo pants.