Dressing For Work
Since I spend 6 days of the week working, I thought I'd do a post on dressing for work. I work for a newspaper so we really have no dress code to follow. In fact, I've seen people wear military cargo pants and flip flops to work! But, it is very important to dress appropriately at work. After all, people judge you by the way you look. If you dress shabbily, people would assume you have a 'I-don't-care' attitude. So even if you are allowed to dress casually to work, there are certain points to keep in mind.
- Avoid skimpy clothes. Its best to keep it to the knee.
- No shorts, please! Or double-meaning tees..like 'I love wild things'.
- Keep it simple..If you are wearing a statement neckpiece, keep the rest of your outfit simple.
- It is perfectly okay to experiment with colour. You don't have to stick to blacks,whites and greys.
- As much as you love sequins, avoid wearing it to work unless you work at a club ofcourse.
- Your shoes are important. If you need to run around a lot and are not comfortable in heels, stick to flats..not all of us, work in a Devil Wears Prada office *how I wish I did!*
- It's okay to wear jeans to work..just wear it with a dressy or formal blouse.
- Mix solid coloured pants/skirts with floral/printed blouses. I wouldn't wear prints on prints at work.
- Dress according to your size. Do not wear too tight or too loose clothes.
- And most importantly, have fun with your clothes. Wear what makes you happy.
Shirt-Chemistry sale (Rs 450)
Pants- BK Market (Rs 650)
Neckpiece- Street shop (Rs 250)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work--Aristotle