Fashion Faux Pas4:54:00 PM
New hair cut! Yay!
Studded Top: BK Market (Rs 550), Maxi Skirt: Styldrv for Spring Break (Rs 1200),
Neckpiece: StalkBuyLove (Rs 399), Bag: Shreeram Arcade (Rs 799), Shoes: Carlton London via bestylish
Let's talk fashion faux pas today. The ones I see around here a lot.
- Plastic bra straps. Why do they still exist? Tell me why were they ever made in the first place? It's not transparent. You can see it. I can see it. In fact, it clings on the skin and gives it a yellow tinge. Okay, let's skip the details? But can we stop wearing them please!
- Tights/leggings with short tops. Believe me, no one wants to see your ass. Big ass, small ass..we don't want to see your ass and may I add thighs, sticking out of that thin fabric.
- Also, there is a difference between churidaar and leggings. Churidaars have these wrinkle (churi) near the ankle and they are not meant to be worn with western wear. Leggings do not have churis and that is what you're meant to wear with dresses and tunics.
- God is in the details. You see this woman dressed impeccably and then there she goes wrong with her shoes. Flip flops! Flip flops are meant for the beach or maybe for a very casual outfit. Maybe. I know there are some really cute ones out there but why on earth would you wear it with every damn outfit!
- I love mixing prints and I love neons. But do you have to go out of your way to look like a Christmas tree? Print mixing is difficult. So go easy, okay? Too much going on in one outfit is so not stylish.
- I'm certain women who decide to wear all the bling in one outfit is out to take revenge on the world. It's like 'Let me wear all the sequins I own today and make everybody blind.' Sequins are pretty but too much of anything is bad.
- Thin or fat, we can all be fashionable, but by wearing our own size. Wearing one or two sizes smaller isn't really going to make you thin. It is going to show off your paunch and those love handles and ruin the outfit.
P.S I've heard enough people say fox pass..it's pronounced fau pah. Thank you!