Dressing For Work
Since I spend 6 days of the week working, I thought I'd do a post on dressing for work. I work for a newspaper so we really have no dress code to follow. In fact, I've seen people wear military cargo pants and flip flops to work! But, it is very important to dress appropriately at work. After all, people judge you by the way you look. If you dress shabbily, people would assume you have a 'I-don't-care' attitude. So even if you are allowed to dress casually to work, there are certain points to keep in mind.
- Avoid skimpy clothes. Its best to keep it to the knee.
- No shorts, please! Or double-meaning tees..like 'I love wild things'.
- Keep it simple..If you are wearing a statement neckpiece, keep the rest of your outfit simple.
- It is perfectly okay to experiment with colour. You don't have to stick to blacks,whites and greys.
- As much as you love sequins, avoid wearing it to work unless you work at a club ofcourse.
- Your shoes are important. If you need to run around a lot and are not comfortable in heels, stick to flats..not all of us, work in a Devil Wears Prada office *how I wish I did!*
- It's okay to wear jeans to work..just wear it with a dressy or formal blouse.
- Mix solid coloured pants/skirts with floral/printed blouses. I wouldn't wear prints on prints at work.
- Dress according to your size. Do not wear too tight or too loose clothes.
- And most importantly, have fun with your clothes. Wear what makes you happy.
Shirt-Chemistry sale (Rs 450)
Pants- BK Market (Rs 650)
Neckpiece- Street shop (Rs 250)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work--Aristotle
You look perfect and happy !! That tangy shirt enhances tour complexion so well :)ReplyDelete
I love your shirt <3ReplyDelete
I didn’t see in Chemistry :)
Loving the color of your shirt!ReplyDelete
your pictures have a nice dreamy feeling goin on!!ReplyDelete
Also, i love the choker!
Love your shirt - I really love the cut, colour and design. it goes so well with the off white trousers!ReplyDelete
I agreed with most of the rules in there though the 'no shorts' and 'no prints on prints' rules were a little hard on me.:-(ReplyDelete
Working for a newspaper is still pretty liberating.If I go to Cognizant,we'll have to wear formals five days a week.Like 'more boring than a Computer Architecture lecture' formals.Yeah,THAT boring.I don't know why,having people tell me what to wear pisses me off,a lot.I DO try to dress accordingly and won't be caught dead wearing animal prints to a funeral but whenever anyone tells me that I'm not 'supposed to' wear it,I don't want to wear anything else.Guess the rebel in me is a little too rebellious.That's one of the reasons why most of my relationships don't work after a certain time period.
You got that shirt from Chemistry,for 450 bucks!*Almost dies of heart attack*ReplyDelete
Tell you what,no matter how much I try to trick you,NEVER,NEVER tell me your address because that means waking up to an empty closet next morning and you sure as hell don't want that,right?;-)
I love the shape of these pieces! And those are some great tips for dressing for work!ReplyDelete
oh this is a wonderful look! i like it!ReplyDelete
i keep following your blog. maybe you like mine, too? :)
I love the gorgeous bright colours! Very stylish. Good to see some fellow desi fashion bloggers too!ReplyDelete
I love those pants! :) <3<3ReplyDelete
Looking lovely like always!
you look amazing! Love the color of your shirt! <3ReplyDelete
I really like your blog, I´m following :D
... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
peppy way to go to office. Such a fresh change from boring outfits u see all the time. I am loving the orange colour.ReplyDelete
Love ur pants... whr is BK market..ReplyDelete
I love that tangy orange shirt. And the high waist pants! They suit you well. And dont we all wish we worked in a Devil Wears Prada office? :)ReplyDelete
i've been thinking about writing a similar post and was having a little look around blogger to see what everyone else wears to work. you look so stylish! i love your orange blouse :) xReplyDelete